5 Surprising Ways Your Busyness is Laziness
Isn't busyness the opposite of laziness? Not always. I am surprised at how often my busyness is a result of being lazy in another way. If I had worked harder (or smarter), I would not have to be so busy or so stressed.
- You are busy because you didn't plan.
- You are busy because you are avoiding relational conflict.
- You are busy because you are trying to suppress guilt (or another negative emotion) by doing more rather than working through the emotion.
- You are busy because your pride kept you from asking for help.
- You are busy because you didn't take the time to learn first.
How are you being busy but lazy?
That's a tough self-evaluation question. But, if you want to take the stress down because you feel crazy busy, you might not be dealing with work avoidance in another area. Less busy isn't lazy, it is the fruit of hard work.